Master of Physical Therapy - Indigenous Applicant Admission Category
The School of Physical Therapy is dedicated to enhancing functional mobility for the attainment of health and wellness of First Nation, Inuit, and Métis People in Canada. To encourage more Indigenous individuals to consider a career in physical therapy, we have created a pathway to increase enrollment into the Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) Program.
Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous* persons may be considered for designated seats if they have the following:
- GPA of 3.4 over their last 10 full time credits (or 20 half credits)
- A grade of at least 70% in each of the required pre-requisite courses
- An above average ranking on the CASPer situational judgement test,
- Are ranked highly by reviewers (who are evaluating the content of reference letters, the applicant statement, paid and unpaid physical therapy related and community experience, and accomplishments).
To ensure that the designated seats within the MPT program are available to Indigenous Applicants, Western requires the following:
1) Consent from applicants to be considered under the Indigenous Applicant
Admission Policy and to the collection of personal information by filling out our online consent form which will be emailed out to all applicants.
- You will need to use your Western Identity to complete the online consent form. Western University will send you an email on how to set this up by the end of January 2021.
For any concerns or questions regarding Proof of Ancestry please contact:
All personal documentation is kept in strictest confidence and securely housed within the Indigenous Student Centre. The personal information is collected under the authority of the University of Western Ontario Act, 1982. The information is collected for the purposes of offering accessible admission pathways for Indigenous applicants and providing additional support to applicants who become students. For further information about this collection, please contact the Indigenous Student Centre, Western University, London, ON, N6A 3K7; Phone 1-519-661-4095.
*Indigenous to Canada/Aboriginal as defined based on the Canadian Constitution Act 1982 as First Nations, Métis, and Inuit people.