Welcome to the Indigenous Student Centre!
The Indigenous Student Centre offers culturally-relevant, wholistic and strength-based programs and services geared toward Indigenous students at Western.
The ISC priority areas include:
- Indigenous cultural enrichment
- Indigenous student academic and career support
- Indigenous youth and community outreach
- Indigenous orientation and transition
- Indigenization of the student experience
Congratulations Class of 2021!
From all of us at the Office of Indigenous Initiatives (OII) and the Indigenous Student Centre (ISC) we want to congratulate the class of 2021 on your amazing achievement! While we could not celebrate in person, the staff at OII and ISC as well as Indigenous staff, faculty, and Elders at Western wanted to send our congratulations through this video message.
ISC and Covid-19
Update June 18 2021
Looking ahead to the fall
Staff of the Office of Indigenous Initiatives (OII) and the Indigenous Student Centre (ISC) at Western University are very excited to welcome new and returning students back to campus. As you know, plans to return to campus have been complicated by many uncertainties in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. While uncertainly can contribute to heightened stress and anxiety, be assured that Western is and remains available to support you in every way keeping overall health and security a priority.
- ISC staff are available to provide virtual support for your academic and personal needs and may be accessed via email at email@example.com or via telephone.
- Tisha Summers (Art Therapist) and Elder Myrna Kicknosway are available and may be accessed via virtual appointments
- Crisis Health & Wellness supports (including Mental Health Support) is available via Western’s Student Crisis Contact Information.
- Off-campus support is also available via Atlohsa’s Family Healing Services and its 24-hour Crisis Line at 1-800-605-7477.
- Zhaawanong Women’s Shelter provides emergency shelter and support for Indigenous women and their children who are at risk of violence, abuse and/or homelessness. Crisis Line: Toll free 1-800-605-7477
Director, Indigenous Student Centre, Western University
Western Student Services Building (WSSB), Rm 2100
London, ON N6A 3K7