Indigenous Student Centre User Agreement
Welcome to the Indigenous Student Centre (ISC) at Western University. Please review the details of our User Agreement below. If you agree with these terms, please complete the User Agreement Form to submit your request for after-hours access to our Centre.
Indigenous Student Centre Guidelines and Expectations
By completing the Indigenous Student Centre User Agreement Form, students agree to abide by and respect the following guidelines and expectations for Centre use:
- The ISC is available to Indigenous students for university-related purposes.
- All users are responsible for keeping the ISC clean and tidy. This includes in respect to the community kitchen:
- Cleaning dishes, pots, and pans after usage.
- Helping load and unload the dishwasher.
- Cleaning off tables, chairs, and countertops after usage.
- Turning off the coffee machine/hot plate/other equipment after usage.
- Computers are for academic use only. Please be mindful and courteous of other students.
- The ISC is a sent free space.
- The ISC is a Pet Free space. Authorized Service Animals are welcome.
- Disrespectful and/or threatening behaviour is not tolerated. Students will refrain from using foul language or from acting in a manner that is disrespectful to others in any way while in the ISC. Students are encouraged to report concerns to ISC staff immediately.
- No smoking (including cannabis) and/or alcohol is permitted on premise including being under the influence. Western University is a smoke-free campus.
- Only students registered with the Indigenous Student Centre are permitted on premise after-hours. *Please note that due to Covid-19, after hours access to the Centre has been currently suspended.
- All students must have an active Western ONECard for after-hours entry to the ISC. Students are responsible for the usage of their card and are not permitted to lend their card, and must report any stolen/lost cards immediately to Student Central, main floor WSSB.
- Students using the ISC after-hours are responsible for closing all the doors/windows and turning off lights upon departure.
- Students cannot leave the access door open after-hours. Doing so will alert Campus Police.
- The ISC is subject to video monitoring in accordance to university policy.
By completing the User Agreement Form below, you are agreeing to abide by the User Agreement Guidelines and Expectations, and realize that failure to do so will result in the removal of these priviledges.
Indigenous Student Centre Features
- Open concept lounge and study space as well as quiet study area.
- Computer lab with 10 work stations. *Please note that due to Covid-19, the number of computer work stations may be limited
- Complimentary printing for students limited to 600 pages per year, including photocopying and fax (additional prints can be purchased for 5 cents per page).
- Complimentary telephone services.
- Fully equipped and stocked kitchen facilities with fresh groceries weekly for quick meals and snacks. This includes complimentary coffee and tea. *Please note that due to Covid-19, ISC kitchen access may be limited.
- After-hours swipe care access available for registered students through their Western ONE student card. *Please note that due to Covid-19, after hours access to the Centre has been currently suspended.
Location and Hours
The Indigenous Student Centre (ISC) is located in the Western Student Services Building (WSSB) on the second floor, Room 2100. Our hours of operation Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
*Please note that due to Covid-19, after hours access to the Centre has been currently suspended.
After-hours access to the ISC includes:
Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. to 10:00p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 8:00a.m. to 7:30p.m.