IS Programs & Services
Recruitment, Admission and Transition
- Pre-application and admission support for prospective graduate and undergraduate students
- Customized campus tours, presentations and school visits to learners of all levels;
- Proactive outreach and admission advocacy to self-declared Aboriginal applicants.
Cultural and Social Programming
- Visiting Elders are available to provide cultural supports and teachings by appointment and drop-in;
- Daily smudging, Indigneous languages, drumming/singing groups, teaching/sharing circles, and may more;
- Monthly corn soup lunches and monthly dinner/social.
Current Student Support
- Support for transition into university environment;
- Academic advice and counselling on degree planning, course registation, add/drop dates, accomodation requests, appeals for undergraduate and graduate students;
- Tutor support;
- Financial advice and referrals;
- Housing/residence referrals and relocation support;
- Childcare referrals on and off-campus.
Mentorship and Leadership
- Indigenous Peer Mentoring Program: pairs incoming Indigenous students with senior Indigenous students to offer support through cultural and academic programming.
- Indigenous Circles of Support: brings together students across all years of study, to eat, socialize, and listen to guest speakers.
- Indigenous Leadership Program: engages students in extra-curricular activities to help them gain leadership skills.
Student Work Opportunities and Skills Development
- Extensive work-study opportunities available year round;
- Summer job opportunities in the areas of Youth Outreach;
- Employment listing, career counselling, training and workshops;
- Transition support to careers.